Monday, March 21, 2011

Teen Mom: Not just a show on MTV

Ugh, honestly, it makes me sick to see how many girls younger than I, from my high school, are pregnant. I mean there are A LOT. I graduated with, I think, about 9 girls that were pregnant or had kids. Not including me, so I guess 10. Which kudos to all those girls. We graduated and are moms, YAY! But I look at all these girls who are younger than me that are pregnant right now, or just had kids, and it's like, "what are we doing to ourselves?" I don't look down on ANY of these girls, because I, too, am a teen mom and they are being moms just like they should. Most of the girls I know took on the responsibility as soon as they found out they were pregnant, but at the same time it's like, we didn't need to have kids so young. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE Cole, obviously, but I honestly didn't need to put myself through motherhood at such a young age. I'm glad I had Cole, and I'm glad everything has turned out the way it has, but I keep thinking that it didn't have to be like this. I'm 19, going on 20, I should be enjoying the night life of the city, going out, having fun, focusing 98% on college, instead of the measley 45% that is actually spent on college. Anyway, what I'm trying to say is those girls that are in high school that are having sex UNPROTECTED or those girls that are pregnant now, really don't know what they are getting themselves into. I know I didn't. I knew it'd be hard, but I didn't know how HARD it'd actually be. I'm insane every day! I'm taking care of 2 kids at some times! And the thing is, I had no idea what I was getting myself into.

SO please, girls, if you're a teen, especially a very young teen, and you're having sex, either stop or use extra precaution. Everyone use to say "just at least use a condom!", but I'm telling you, use more than that. Go get on birth control and take it responsibly! If your parents won't let you, but you know you'll have sex anyway, go to Planned Parenthood or Birthright, they'll help you out! But just please, please, take ALL the precautions you can to not get pregnant. I'm not saying it's the worst thing in the world, it's one of the best, but you can do so much more in your life if you wait to have kids until you're married, or at least older and more stable in your career and life.
I don't think there's much more I can say. I just don't like seeing all these girls getting pregnant. It's so sad. It's sad I got pregnant, because I had so so so much going for me. Not that I can't do it now, it's not impossible. But it will take me a lot longer and I'll need to try much harder to get it all done. But I will.
Hope someone reads this at least... :/
Goodnight*

0 comments:

Post a Comment