Wednesday, July 28, 2010

I HAD MY BABY!

COLE ALEXANDER
7 LBS 8 OZ 20 IN
JULY 24, 2010

My labor story:
I went to my dr's appt on Friday at 11:30 AM. When I got there, she checked me and said I was 5 cm dialated and asked if I had been feeling any contractions. I told her that from what I could tell, I wasn't. I felt some cramp type things, but they weren't that strong. She got a little worried and sent me to the hospital to be put on a monitor to see if I was indeed having contractions. Well, I was, but they weren't that strong, but the hospital decided to admit me because I was 5 cm dialated. I was admitted at around 1:45 PM.
I sat in my hospital room and waited...and waited...and walked...and waited...
At around 8 PM, my dr came in and broke my water to speed up the labor. I started really feeling the contractions, and I decided I would get pain meds. WOW. They gave me nubain (sp?) in my IV & it made me feel sooo dizzy and out of it. It didn't really help the pain, it just made me feel worse in general. After feeling some pretty bad contractions, I decided to get an epidural. After that, i was super relaxed and ready to have my baby! Still, nothing happened.
Finally at around 5:30 in the morning, I was fully dialated, and they wanted me to push. I pushed and pushed and pushed and nothing except Cole was getting a really bad cone head. So finally at around 9:30 ish, they said I needed to have a C-section because Cole & I were under too much stress. I cried & cried, because I did not want to have major surgery. I went in to the operating room, shaking and bawling, and scared out of my mind, but I just kept thinking that in about 20 min, I would get to meet my son. Andrew was the only one that came in with me, since I could only have one person come in with me anyway. I'm glad it was him. He was very supportive and made sure I remembered who I was doing this for. Cole was born at 10:41 AM as a C-section baby. He was beautiful from the 1st second I saw him. :)
We are doing AMAZING. He's a little bit of a crybaby, because he loves to be with mommy & daddy. But otherwise, he's wonderful at breastfeeding :) I LOVE being a mommy!

<3

0 comments:

Post a Comment